Online Blackjack: All You Need to Know about the Game
Blackjack is a favorite card game for many enthusiasts. It can be played online or in person. The goal is to score more points than the croupier, but not more than 21. Each participant plays with the dealer (bank) face to face, regardless of how many guests are sitting at the same table with him, so the chances of winning are only 50/50.
The History of Blackjack Games
Some researchers claim that blackjack card game originated in French casinos around 1700 because the game was first mentioned in Cervante’s novel Don Quixote in the late 16th/early 17th century. Since then, blackjack has evolved into one of the most sophisticated casino games in the world. During 18th-century popularization, many gambling houses started offering “special bets” to attract more people. It included 10:1 odds of a gamer having a blackjack (the Jack of clubs or spades) with an Ace. Even though casinos removed that special offer, the name remained. Nowadays, the best blackjack game is mostly played online.
Before you play blackjack online, you should learn the rules. The main aim is to win the dealer, earning as many points as possible, close to 21. Either you or the croupier can lose, depending on the hand value (if it totals more than 21). The game is typically played with six decks of 52 cards, and the house edge is determined by the venue advantage. The one-deck option offers a 0.17% chance to beat the house, but that percentage increases to 0.64% if the dealer uses all six decks. The value of cards in blackjack is categorized into three groups: aces, faces, and numbers:
- Faces (J, Q, K) have a value of 10 points.
- Numbers 2–10 have their numerical values.
- Ace is counted as 1 or even 11 points.
A maximum of seven players gather around a semicircular casino table. A dealer sits or stands behind the table. Seating positions are known as a base. The first base is the position on the right side. Cards are dealt in a clockwise direction. Blackjack card game payouts:
- The payout varies depending on the game, but the variations can be 3:2 or 6:5.
- If the dealer gets a natural blackjack, he takes the bets of all the players.
- In the original blackjack payout is 3:2 and the gamer gets paid $3 for every $2 that he bets on a winning blackjack hand.
- In the 6:5 payout, the payment is $6 for every $5 bet, making the odds 1.2:1.
- The pays out 6:5 increases the house edge by 400%.
- On the other hand, in the 3:2 payout variant, the house edge is 0.5% if you use the basic blackjack strategy, while in the 6:5 payout game it can come up to almost 2%.
- However, the 6:5 payout can be unfavorable because a house edge of 2% can take $2 even on a winning hand for every $100 that the player bets on any game.
|Average payout||$3 for every $2 bet||$5 for every $6 bet|
How to Gamble Online Blackjack
To play blackjack, you will need one or more standard decks of 52 playing cards. The dealer usually uses a “shoe”, which is multiple decks put together. The benefit of playing online blackjack is that you can use one or more decks from anywhere. Nevertheless, you have to make a single bet if you want to play at the very beginning.
- Beginning the hand. A hand of blackjack begins after each player receives two cards. These cards are dealt face-up in the majority of blackjack variants. The dealer receives two cards: one face up and the other face down.
- Checking for blackjack. Both you and the croupier check for blackjack. This is a starting hand with an ace and a 10-point card, which leads you to a perfect score of 21. If you begin with that hand, your bet can win at 3:2 odds.
- The dealer will check for blackjack in the face-down card. If the ace is showing, you will be asked to purchase insurance. This is because this bet can cost you half of your initial bet, but it can pay out if the croupier has blackjack. So, even if the bet pays out, you can break. However, in the case that both you and the dealer have blackjack, your bet will be better. The casino croupier will offer to pay more money if you have blackjack.
- Playing your hand. This is where you try your luck or your knowledge of blackjack rules.
Blackjack Online: How to Play at Casinos
First, sign up for a casino or log in if you already have an account. After that, make a deposit and choose an online blackjack title. When playing blackjack online, follow these steps:
- Place your bet carefully.
- Receive your cards.
- Decide if you want to double your bet.
- Decide if you want to hit.
- Click the button “stand”.
- Observe the dealer’s hand.
- Win or leave the game on time.
100% up to $1,000
Betway Casino: 100% up to $250
Casino Las Vegas: 100% up to $500 + 50 Free Spins
Jackpot City Casino: 100% up to $1600
Blackjack Strategy for Playing
To play blackjack online, you can use this strategy:
- Place bets and choose the table. For both online blackjack games and live variants, the first thing you have to do is choose the table and place your bets.
- Get the cards. A gamer who bets, gets two cards. Also, the dealer takes two cards. The first card is always face-up and the second is face-down.
- Choose one of the five most popular options:
- Stand. Choose “Stand” if you are comfortable with your hand. If you make this move, there is nothing else you can do. You will have to wait for the other members to make the steps. Then the croupier shows the cards.
- Hit. You can Hit unless you have a blackjack. This means the dealer gives you another card. This can be repeated until you go bust or choose to stand.
- Double down. You may double your bet if you think you have a winning hand with one card. This action will double your original bet in return for one more card. After receiving the last card, you are automatically out of the game.
- Split. You can split if the croupier gave you the pair. One card is dealt for each divided hand, and an ante is bet on the new hand. After that the game continues as usual.
- Surrender. Take half of your bet back and surrender when you see that you won’t win.
Finally, after determining every gamer’s final hand value, the croupier turns over their second card. After revealing all the cards, the winner is announced and the bets are settled.
The Best Versions of Blackjack Casino
If you feel like experimenting, try different variants of blackjack games in casinos. The goal is always to beat the dealer, but players can mix things up by choosing different kinds of variants.
The Best Blackjack Game Variants
After figuring out the blackjack rules, choose the type of game to play live.
- Classic Blackjack. It is a perpetual game in which you can play against the croupier for the winning hand. You can either get the coveted blackjack or make the croupier go broke. The gamer can make their own decision.
- Infinite Blackjack. Unlike regular blackjack tables, where the number of seats is limited, Infinite Blackjack does not. You sit in the same seat as the other players. It also features cutting-edge systems that allow the croupier to communicate with all players at the same time.
- Lightning Blackjack. This type is a combination of live blackjack with “randomized multipliers”. It allows you to get the highest payout. If you are interested in getting a multiplier of up to 25x for your next hand, land a lightning card.
- Speed Blackjack. If you want to try more hands in a shorter time, choose Speed Blackjack, where all players can decide at the same time.
All variants of blackjack mobile and desktop platforms require real-money bets—you can’t play for free.
Blackjack App Games
Some of the best and most played blackjack mobile games are:
- Atlantic City Blackjack. The reason this blackjack app game variant is most popular is because it offers great odds. There are eight decks in play, and the dealer must make a draw on 16 or lower and stand on 17 or 21. It is possible to double the starting hand and split the starting pair.
- Blackjack Switch. You have to make two bets of equal value to be dealt two hands. This title is great because you can increase the value of your hands as much as possible by changing cards.
- European Blackjack. The only difference from American blackjack online game is that the dealer is forbidden from taking a second card until all players make a decision.
- Perfect pairs: The gamer with the best pair gets the best payout.
- Spanish 21. This variant uses six to eight decks. The only difference from the previous variants is that the Spanish one removed 10s. Therefore, the casino gamers will be hitting more often.
Free and Real Money Blackjack
Free blackjack allows playing and enjoying the casino game without taking any risks. However, those who have played online can certainly claim that the feeling is much better and more exciting. By playing free at a blackjack casino you don’t have the element of risk of losing your money. Also, you can play any time. However, if you decide to play with real money, you will have to provide payment details and make a deposit. Good thing is that you have to do it only once as payment details will be saved in your casino account. Then, you choose the amount to cash out and it will be withdrawn from your account with the chosen method. Account verification is required to confirm your identity and finalize your payment. You will have to send a photo of your ID along with the utility bill to the casino. Once you finish it, you will be able to play, deposit or cash out the money. Fortunately, numerous gambling sites provide a variety of offers with the player’s first deposit, such as bonus funds or free spins. You can play any online blackjack real money after depositing money on your account. The best online casino for blackjack provides a minimum deposit amount but a gamer chooses the amount to deposit. You can make deposits during the session without even leaving it. This way you can stay in your seat and upgrade an account.
How Do I Win at Online Blackjack
Every online or live casino gamer wants to find a secret formula to keep winning in the blackjack game. It might be possible to constantly win if you minimize the risks and recognize the opportunities when playing your cards. The strategy may not always bring the win, but it can certainly better the odds and increase the win rate. The winning simply means leaving the casino table with more money than the one initially put. To enhance a chance of winning, you have to hit a blackjack when the casino dealer doesn’t. Also, if you score higher than the dealer without busting, you can win. Here are some steps which can bring you closer to the win at the best online casino for blackjack:
- Double down on hard and soft 11.
- Split pair of 8♠.
- Do not split a pair of 10♠.
- Always split aces.
- Stand on hard 17.
Card counting can be very useful if you know how to subtract one card while adding the other one from the running count. Then you will know whether to bet small or big. Having high-numbered cards can also be an advantage. You can assign values to your cards, convert them to the actual count and raise bets when necessary. Also, put cash on the casino table to get chips. Be very attentive and react quickly. Try not to take too much time to make a decision. Most importantly—know when to walk away.
Where to Gamble Blackjack Online
Try your luck with your hand value and find the best Blackjack casino among the many offered on the Internet. Discover the best source for your favorite game and enjoy it while playing responsibly.
Best Online Casino for Blackjack
Here is a list of some of the best blackjack casinos, where you can play for free or for money:
Blackjack Casinos by Country: Blackjack in Thailand
Blackjack is an easy casino game to try as it provides rules and strategies for each gamer, which makes it even more popular and convenient. We provided a list of the best blackjack game variants in the world for those who prefer to play live or online. Different variations of the blackjack provide fun and entertainment for the players who can simultaneously win real money or play free for pleasure, in both online and live casinos all over the world.
What exactly is blackjack?
Blackjack is a game of luck and strategy in which a player plays against the dealer to make him go bust.
How do you play Blackjack?
Blackjack is played with individual or extra decks of 52 cards followed by: placing a bet, receiving the first two cards, evaluating a hand, deciding to Hit or Stand, and waiting for the outcome.
How to deal in blackjack?
Firstly, cards are shuffled and cut. Then, the players place their bets for their hands. One card is dealt face-up and the other face-down. One more card is dealt face-up.
How does online blackjack work when it comes to odds?
You have to pay attention and know the table rules. When you win a hand, increase the bet by one chip. When you lose a hand, keep playing with the same amount.
Is online blackjack set up?
No, it isn’t. Most casinos provide a safe and fair experience. However, check the best online blackjack casinos to avoid unreliable gambling sites.